About This Blog

My name is Tyler and I am a third-year at Cal Poly in the Mechanical Engineering department. In October of 2009 I was accepted for a role in the College Program at Walt Disney World in Florida, and I am super excited to share my experiences with you!! Not all of them though, Disney had me sign a lot of papers.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Arrival in Orlando

Arrived in Orlando today safe and sound, but WOW what a long day of traveling. The flight from Orlando to Chicago was especially pretty, the red sunset was reflecting off the clouds below us, through which city lights were twinkling. I tried to get a good picture but just couldn't do the scene justice.

I swear half the people on my flight were either headed for a vacation at Walt Disney World or they already worked there. The guy seated next to me on the plane worked in Entertainment. He's an actor at the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor and at the American Idol Experience. The girl seated ahead of us overheard us and turned around to talk about her recent experience in the College Program (she's a seaonal cast member now). She also said she worked in Entertainment, but was really vague about her position. I'd guess that maybe she's one of the princesses in the parks and didn't want kids on the plane to overhear? She definitely had the princess mannerisms down.

The time change is a little weird, but I'm tired enough that I don't think it will matter too much tomorrow. Tomorrow morning is program check-in, where I'll get my housing assignment and learn my work location. I don't think I'll know specifically which attraction(s) I'm assigned to until my Traditions class, which could be anywhere between Wednesday and Friday. Since this is week one of the the three-week spring break crowds, I'm really hoping they just throw us into our roles as quickly as possible. Can't wait!

P.S.
The 10 o'clock news announced that Universal Orlando will officially announce the opening day of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter this Thursday at noon. And when announcements are made about anouncements of announcements, you know this is gonna be good
=-D

No comments:

Post a Comment