About This Blog

My name is Tyler and I am a third-year at Cal Poly in the Mechanical Engineering department. In October of 2009 I was accepted for a role in the College Program at Walt Disney World in Florida, and I am super excited to share my experiences with you!! Not all of them though, Disney had me sign a lot of papers.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Busted!

Today I got busted for having my spiel notes sitting on the console in front of me at the photocells (an alternative type of turnstile) at Honey, I Shrunk The Audience. It's not that I don't know my spiels... it's just kind of a security blanket. I don't want to get caught in the middle of my spiel and get stuck, that's really embarrassing! So, the coordinator who busted me confiscated my notes and told me that if a manager had seen me with them, my certification for that attraction would have been revoked. Which would be really bad for me.

Not to worry though, I did get my notes back later. I got the full, more reasonable explanation from another coordinator: I'm allowed to keep the note cards with me, though I can only refer to them offstage. I'm not supposed to have them out in front of me while I'm spieling. I'm okay with that.

I really just didn't like the feeling of being "in trouble." I knew that many of the other CP's had kept their notes on them for a few weeks after their trainings, so I was really frustrated that I'd been scolded for it. This, on top of trying to re-learn my tasks during set shows (now that the spring break crowds are gone, we are doing shows every 30 minutes instead of 20, which requires fewer people running around doing more things). I was quite flustered.

After this little scare, I'll probably never need to look at my notes again 8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment