About This Blog

My name is Tyler and I am a third-year at Cal Poly in the Mechanical Engineering department. In October of 2009 I was accepted for a role in the College Program at Walt Disney World in Florida, and I am super excited to share my experiences with you!! Not all of them though, Disney had me sign a lot of papers.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Very First ER

I took my very first ER today. I think it stands for "early release." We can request one through our computerized Cast Deployment System, and depending on how busy we are or how many cast members we have, we may be granted the request (we can also request to extend our shift through a similar process). I don't think I'll be doing this very often, as I don't want to cut my paychecks short, but since this week I was scheduled only one day off, I felt it was deserved.

Clocking out at 3pm, I took the opportunity to change into street clothes, make some phone calls and enjoy some more of Epcot. It's definitely my favorite park, and there's still so much I haven't seen there! I spent some time at The Seas, watched the manatees for a while. I was told that the main aquarium there is large enough to fit all of Spaceship Earth (the big Epcot ball, seen in the photo at the top of this blog), and still have room for a Disney bus to drive around the bottom! I'm not really sure, but would be really cool if it was.

I then took an obligatory ride on Test Track, my favorite attraction in all of Walt Disney World. I ride it every chance I get, though I don't go out of my way for it. It's the fastest attraction that Disney has ever built (your vehicle usually hits 64mph), and the longest attraction at WDW.

I also made my way to the Italy Pavilion to check out the Italy Liberation Day festivities, but when I got there there really wasn't anything going on. No big deal though, walking through World Showcase is pretty awesome anyway.

I've been at home for a few hours now, watching the HUGE storm outside from the couch. It's so cool, one minute torrential downpour, the next nothing. But lots of lightning :-) Looking forward to a full day off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment