About This Blog

My name is Tyler and I am a third-year at Cal Poly in the Mechanical Engineering department. In October of 2009 I was accepted for a role in the College Program at Walt Disney World in Florida, and I am super excited to share my experiences with you!! Not all of them though, Disney had me sign a lot of papers.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's Official...

It was announced at this morning's Track Talk, Captain EO will be returning to Epcot (his original home!) on July 2nd. I'm very excited, and it does mean there will be quite a few changes for us currently working at the Imagination Institute.

HISTA will close next next weekend, and the theater will undergo refurbishment for about two months. For those who are cross-trained on other attractions in the park (many full-timers also work at Soarin', The Land boat ride, Innoventions, the Seas, etc), they will move to those other attractions for that time. All of us who only work Image, we'll be exclusively at Journey Into Imagination for those two months.

The current story of our pavilion is that we are scientists who work at the Imagination Institute, welcoming guests to tour the institute's sensory labs at Journey, and presenting our annual Inventor of the Year Award next door at HISTA. When Captain EO arrives, our current costumes (red/orange collared shirts with lab coats) won't really fit in with Captain EO's theming, so they're currently working on costumes that we can use at both attractions. We're speculating that the shirts will change, and we'll wear our lab coats at Journey and take them off at EO.

Being at Journey Into Imagination for two months straight may be a drag, BUT how cool will it be to claim that I was part of the re-opening team for Captain EO at Epcot??!! Another feather for my Disney hat.

To think, I learned those spiels for nothing! Not really, I'm actually really grateful for the experience. Talking in front of a few hundred guests a few times a day has done wonders for my public speaking abilities. But I will miss watching full-grown men scream like little girls when the "mice" enter the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment